Paint Correction Details & Wet Sanding
If you are looking for a faultless finish then our correction detail is what you require. The Full Correction Detail corrects major paint defects/marks and restores cars of all ages to in most cases better than showroom condition,Our correction detail is for the real perfectionist and thats exactly what we will give you!!!… Total perfection for the most discerning of clients.
We do offer a mobile service for the correction detail as long as there is off road parking and the weather is dry or you have a workshop or garage to provide us with.
Please Remember : Our detailing Unit is situated 3 minutes from junction 12 of the M1 & 8 minutes from the nearest railway link, a courtesy lift is available too and from the railway station.
Below shows swirling being removed from an Aston Martin Rapide
What Is Car Paint Correction?
Also known as swirl mark removal or machine polishing, paintwork correction is the reduction or removal of marks in the top layer of paint to produce a more refined finish.
Paint correction can involve either the hand or machine application of varying grades of cleanser, polish or compound. The majority of work is usually done with rotary machine polishers to get the best level of correction.
Good paint correction requires a high degree of skill and concentration, but done properly, it really can transform the look of a car by dealing with (amongst other things);poor washing techniques (local hand car washes) hard water marks, etching caused by bird muck or fly squash, swirl marks, scratches and fading.
Done professionally, paint correction is entirely safe and will not cause any issues for your paint.
- PH neutral snow foam
- Vehicle left to dwell for 5 minutes
- Vehicle pressure washed
- Two bucket hand wash using PH balanced non-detergent shampoo with an ultimate 100% wool wash mitt
- Vehicle rinsed
- Hand dried with quality Microfiber towel
- Clay bar with lubricant (to rid any stubborn stains such as tar spots or tree sap)
- Vehicle Rinsed down and re-dried.
- Defelsko PDG meter used to take paint reading prior to any machine polishing
- A 2-3+ stage paint correction treatment using a rotary machine polisher and various pads which will remove deeper paint swirls/marks, light scratches, hologramming, oxidation and marring.
- Vehicle re-washed to remove dust and compounds.
- Vehicle re dried using microfiber towels and warm air blowers.
- Pre-wax cleanser applied to paintwork.
- Pre-wax cleaner removed by dual action polisher.
- High quality paint sealant applied
- Sealant buffed off to leave an unravelled protection to your cars finish.
- 2 x layers high grade carnauba wax applied to paintwork
- (swissvax) this not only gives added protection but gives gives that high gloss show car finish and takes the car back to in most cases better than showroom finish.
- Wheels polished by hand or by machine
- Wheels coated with 2 layers of wheel protectant.
- Tyres coated with long lasting tyre gel.
- Exterior and Interior Glass cleaned
- Exterior glass guarded with Nanolex glass guard(for visibility)
- Exterior plastics dressed with UV protectant
- Interior vacuumed and dressed.
- 30 stages of vigorous cleaning are undertaken in this detail.
3-10 DAYS ARE REQUIRED DEPENDENT ON THE SIZE AND CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE.
Prices for the Full Correction Detail are dependent on the size condition & Location of the vehicle.
Viewing of the vehicle is Prefered prior to pricing of the work.
Please call : Andy on : 07836 345854
Paint correction & Detailing | Milton Keynes |London Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
The reason most people have there cars wet sanded is to remove orange peel in the clear coat,wet sanding is Extremely time consuming and not for the faint hearted in the wrong hands and without the right knowledge and equipment it spells disaster.
What is Orange Peel ?
Due to new paint technologies, many new vehicles can suffer from orange peel in the paint finish, Orange peel is the name given to a slightly rippled effect on the paint works surface that resembles the peel on an orange . When a vehicle is sprayed at the factory, the build up of multiple wet layers of paint combined with the spray guns pushing out a lot of air, cause the airstream to leave a visible rippled effect finish.Since water based paints have been used more and more new cars suffer from orange peel in the paint
Most paintwork corrections can be made with a rotary polisher but in the case of heavy orange peel in the clear coat its not always achievable so this is why we wet sand, wet sanding done correctly takes many stages of sanding before the paint is ready for machine polishing starting with 2000grit through to 4000grit sand paper you can and will achieve a flawless show car finish with a crystal clear reflections after the machine polishing is completed.
Before wet sanding can commence PDG reading are taken on each and every panel to make sure there is enough clear coat to safely wet sand the vehicle this process of taking PDG readings is undertaken through the sanding opperation,Most cars have an average of between 100 – 140 microns,removing between 7-10 microns will remove most blemishes, Orange peel, swirl marks, mild scratches, bird stains etc.
For Prices & more Info Please Contact Us…. Per Panel from £80.00